Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's My Duty

There is no way in the world, I would hold back and share what I have learned over the last few years. It's not like I'm a rocket scientist, but I have broaden my knowledge when it comes to natural hair and hair loss. I did not realize until I started my research that so many women are "eased" onto the natural trail so to speak, because their hair became so weak it just couldn't stand the chemicals anymore. That is my story all day long, it was either be completely bald, or give up relaxing.

And another thing I have learned is that when you have DHT or prone to having DHT the follicle becomes thinner any way. Its not as dense as it should or could be. A thin weakened follicle and perming simply do not go together.. anyway I thought her questions were very good and I wanted to share most of the Q's and A's here on the blog, check it out!

First of all, you are NOT a bother :-)



making my situation public I knew people would come to me and ask questions and I don't mind that all, but to answer "your" specific questions....


Do you co-wash your hair everyday and if so what product do you use?



Yes, I was my hair everyday, unless I am being lazy or don't feel good or something. I use to be one of those people (this is what my mom told and stylist told me) that black people couldn't wash their hair every day because it would strip our hair of its natural oils. What they didn't tell me is that it's not the water the strips your hair, it's what you use. Any shampoo or conditioner with sulfates in the ingredients will do just that "strip" your hair. As long as you are using a "sulfate" free shampoo or condition, trust me you can wash your hair 2 or 3 times a day if you wanted to.



It's all about Replenishing the moisture in your hair once you are done washing. I have a routine (products) that I use everyday to make sure that my hair stays moisturized and soft.



I only use shampoo like once or twice a month. I am working on a new product for my line that will be a conditioning cleanser sort of like the WEN and Hair One products, those products are meant to condition your hair while cleaning it, so I am aiming to to kill two birds with one stone with that product.



**Daily Routine**


1. Apply Replenish (Pre-wash) Treatment from root to tip, massaging it into my scalp. then I out on a plastic wal-mart bag, lol hey we have so many of them from shopping might as well use them. I let the Replenish sit on my hair for like an hour. I rinse my hair with WARM water, this is something very simple but most people don't know. Warm water opens the cuticles up allowing moisture to be absorbed, rinsing this off with warm water allows the ingredients to be soaked up by the cuticles.



2.) I use cheapie conditioners, like I said I am still working on a conditioner but I will probably still use this because I like it so much, it's Suave's Refreshing Tangerine Conditioner I get it from the .99 store, it makes your hair so soft... now remember the cuticles are still opened from rinsing with the warm water so this is great. I leave the conditioner on for a few minutes...last but not least and the MOST important thing of all.. I rinse the conditioner off with COOL water this seals the cuticle shut and seals in moisture and shine.



3.) I use my Black Organic Tea Mega Mix, it is organic black tea infused with apple cider vinegar, peppermint essential oils, marshmallow root, nettle, horsetail and flax seed. I spray this all over my hair, massaging it into my scalp.



The Last thing I do is take a small amount of Root Food rub it between my palm and run my hands through my hair. This basically coats the hair and applies a final seal on my ends, hair shaft,etc. So my hair dries with a shine.


This is my daily routine.



Do you condition your hair everyday and if so what product do you use?



Yes, I conditioner wash (co-wash) my hair just about every day and I use, as I stated Suave Refreshing Tangerine, for now..lol until I come up with my own.



What do you use to moisturize your hair?



I use Root Food most of the time, some time I will use Hawaiian Silky Gel Activator when I want more curl definition.



And how do you use your herb infusion, do you mix it with something else and do you apply it just to the thinning area or apply it to all of your hair.



Are you meaning how do I use the oil that I infuse? If I am understanding your question, the infused oil that I make is used in just about everything I put in my hair. All of my products have some form of the infusion blended in. The oil itself I use everyday, usually at night during my scalp massages. I use it all over my scalp, not just my troubled areas. Root Food was created actually to be a product just to use on trouble spots for those that just want to focus on certain areas of their scalp. But in my testing of the product I have found that it does so many other great things like seal, moisturize and it even gives a VEEERRYYYY light hold because of the organic beeswax in it, it can be used for more than just balding. But it has a very high concentration of the herbal infused oil I make.



That's what I am here for to help, anything that I can do please don't hesitate to ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment